Current Job Postings
The Daily Record
Page Designers / Paginators Positions Available Dix Communications is recruiting Page Designers / Paginators for our publications in Wooster, Ohio. The positions are responsible for designing and outputting pages for our publications. The ideal candidates will have an eye for detail, have a high level of accuracy, bring a creative touch to pages, and be comfortable working on deadlines. A background working with InDesign is preferred. We are looking for candidates with a bachelor’s degree or candidates with graphic design background.
Responsibilities include working quickly and accurately under deadline to produce pages that feature strong design, accurate headlines, and aesthetically-pleasing hierarchy, while communicating regularly with the other members of the newsroom. The ability to juggle multiple projects at one time and meet all deadlines is of foremost importance. We offer an excellent compensation package, including a competitive salary, paid vacation, 401(k), and medical, dental and vision insurance. Please submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward to: Attention: Jeanine Kendle 212 E. Liberty Street Wooster, Ohio 44691
The Delaware Gazette
Looking to make a difference at a newspaper in a lively college town in central Ohio? Civitas Media is seeking a versatile community reporter to join our reporting team at our newspaper in Delaware, Ohio — The Delaware Gazette. We aim to cover the people, places, issues and events of the area through our many digital and print publications. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is excited about using the many digital platforms available. Strong critical-thinking and organizational skills are a must. You’ll work flexible hours dictated by news events and our need to respond quickly and effectively. Newspaper experience is required, along with a positive attitude, a natural curiosity and a heart for community news.
Delaware County is the fastest growing county in Ohio. Civitas Media has more than 100 publications and employs more than 1,400 people in 11 states. To be considered for this opportunity, send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com
American Municipal Power, Inc.
The Staff Writer assists with publications content creation, planning, printing and distribution for AMP and its members.
Reports to the Director of Media Relations and Communications.
- Serves as the lead writer for AMP publications. Publications include (but are not limited to): annual reports, quarterly magazine, weekly newsletter, end-use consumer publication, member directory, calendar, employee newsletter, legislative updates, online content and social media.
- Assists with all phases of AMP publications, including photography, layout, printing and distribution.
- Assists Director of Media Relations and Communications with coordinating freelance writers, photographers and designers, as well as print vendors.
- Responsible for workload management to ensure that AMP publications adhere to established deadlines and budgets. This includes keeping/tracking project timelines and ensuring via follow-up that all deadlines for publications are met and tasks are completed.
- Provides project support to other areas of the department and organization with respect to publications, printed materials and website content.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A four-year degree in journalism, communications or a related field is required.
- Must have excellent writing skills, with proven experience in producing news and feature articles on technical topics for a variety of audiences. Additional experience in web, marketing or multimedia writing a plus.
- Ability to think creatively and interpret/articulate complex information.
- Adaptable, dependable, responsible and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others, but also able to work independently and stay on task.
- Superb organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communications skills, with the ability to work with staff at all levels and across multiple functional areas.
Deadline to apply is May 24, 2016. View full job description on the Careers page of the AMP website at www.amppartners.org.
Civitas Media is recruiting page designers of varying experience to work at both of our SW Ohio news and design centers. Successful candidates will be creative, motivated multi-taskers with a love of great design and an eye for detail. Applicants must be familiar with InDesign or Quark and have newspaper editing or reporting experience. Our newest center is located in the attractive community of Wilmington, Ohio. Wilmington has all the benefits of a small college town with the bonus of being an hour or less from three large metro areas. The already established Miamisburg, Ohio center is located just off I-75 between Cincinnati and Dayton near a soon to be completed luxury movie theater, high end dining, shopping and everything urban nightlife has to offer. We offer competitive compensation and a generous benefit package including health insurance, 401K and paid time off. To apply email a cover letter, resume, references and examples of your design work to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Applications without design samples will not be considered.