Current Job Postings
The Parkersburg News and Sentinel/The Marietta Times
We believe that our newspapers still surpass all other media in providing the best value and reach for our advertisers as well as the best local news source for our readers. If you want to work for a company that has 100% faith in the newspaper industry, then let us hear from you.
We are looking for the right candidate to lead our advertising staff in the Parkersburg, West Virginia and Marietta, Ohio markets.
The Mid-Ohio Valley has a strong economic climate, and is a great place to grow, both professionally and personally.
Our ideal candidate will possess the talent and character to motivate and lead a team of professionals to new heights. You will have the opportunity to invigorate both print and digital sales in advertising, at both The Parkersburg News and Sentinel, and The Marietta Times.
The two newspapers are part of Ogden Newspapers, a 124 year old growing family-owned company.
We offer a competitive salary with health coverage, vision /dental, 401K and vacation. If you are interested in leading our advertising department, please send a cover letter and resume to Jim Spanner at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, Feb. 15, 2016.
Ogden Newspapers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Record-Courier and recordpub.com, Portage County's #1 source for news and information, is seeking a news reporter. We are transforming our newspaper and website for today’s readers, and we are looking for a team player who wants to help make this transition. This opening is for a capable self-starter who wants to help make this transition and is comfortable writing everything from feature stories to investigative pieces to covering government meetings. Duties include covering public meetings, feature writing, breaking news, website updates and social media updates. The ideal candidate has strong content skills as well as solid news judgment and will compose stories for clarity with excellent grammar and spelling. Additionally, the reporter will utilize social media and post fresh content for readers who choose to receive their local information online, including Facebook and Twitter users who seek breaking news updates, interesting facts and community statistics.
Requirements for qualified candidates:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, with night, weekend and holiday work required.
- Experience in newspaper pagination, photography and video production.
- Ability to work with Mac computers.
- Ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with emphasis on spelling, grammar, punctuation and AP style.
- Capable of effective and independent problem solving with excellent follow-through.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software and programs, including Adobe InDesign, Apple iMovie and NewsEdit Pro.
Interested candidates should send resumes by February 12, 2016 to Roger Di Paolo, Record-Courier, P.O. Box 5199, Kent, OH 44240 or via email to email@example.com
Logan Daily News
Position is responsible for generating editorial content for both print and online publications and will report to the Editor. Successful candidate must be a flexible self-starter and attentive to details, as well as be able to multi-task and meet deadlines. Candidates for this position should have strong written and oral communication skills, be familiar with Associated Press Style; be able to generate copy, photos and video for our print and online publications.
- Assists in posting online content to include text, photos and videos; writes editorials
- Works with all other departments, helps to achieve daily goals
- Must be able to edit and format copy and be able to anticipate workloads based on productions schedules
- Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with company core values
- Initiate and nurture effective, professional relationships with internal and external contacts
- Prior reporting/editing experience required
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required along with social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit a cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Daily Standard
The Daily Standard seeks a full-time reporter who believes in the importance of community journalism. Candidates must be able to produce stories related to education and local government as well as features. Some evening hours are required. Candidates with writing experience are preferred and knowledge of InDesign is a plus. The Daily Standard is a 10,000-daily afternoon newspaper published Monday through Saturday in Celina, Ohio, a short drive from Columbus and Dayton in western Ohio. The position offers competitive wages, health care benefits, 401(k) and paid vacation.
Send resumes, clips and references to email@example.com or mail to Doug Drexler, managing editor, The Daily Standard 123 E. Market St., Celina, OH 45822.