Current Job Postings
Mansfield News Journal
Are you looking for a challenging, digitally-focused editor job covering a strong news market with opportunities for advancement across the country?
Gannett's Media Network of Central Ohio is seeking an editor for our Mansfield, Ohio, market capable of leading a news report concentrated on breaking news, life in our community and solid watchdog journalism focused on improving Mansfield and Richland County. MNCO is a network of 10 daily media sites producing award-winning digital and print products across Ohio. MNCO is part of the Gannett Co. with media properties across America.
Plans and executes engagement opportunities to maximize community impact and story resonance in print, digital, community event and social-media settings. Oversees content generated by reporters that highlights discussions and debates on important community issues. Role includes responsibility for editorial content. Analyzes audience needs and develops complementary community content for all platforms. Seeks out partners, services and contributors to deepen reach and impact. Oversees the smooth editing and production of this content into both print and digital products. Serves as a marketing liaison and a public face of the newsroom.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Plans and executes engagement opportunities based on metrics to build value for key audiences. Works closely with all staff members to create these engagements, which will range from small, every-day happenings to large annual events.
- Strategizes with reporters to identify contributors and content that can help those journalists reach audience goals. Works with journalists to acquire content that will free them to focus on higher-level content.
- Serves as one of the primary public-facing representatives of the news organization, acting as the primary liaison to outside marketing groups. Organizes promotions and serves as the leading source of marketing ideas from the newsroom, coaching fellow journalists on ways to more effectively market themselves, their work and the local brand.
- Responsible for the organization's public stances, including through editorials
- Edits or oversees the editing of contributed content to ensure smooth flow and packaging in all platforms. Ensures contributed content meets standards of accuracy, fairness, balance, etc.
- Establishes benchmarks for readership tied to community contributions; designs and drives newsroom-wide plans to meet those benchmarks.
- Coaches fellow journalists to more effectively interact with the public.
- Contributes ideas to add or retain subscribers.
- Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
WORK EXPERIENCE (INCLUDING TIME), TRAINING, AND/OR LEVEL OF EDUCATION NECESSARY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
- More than five years of digital news direction/development experience.
- Proven proficiency in digital information programming by platform.
- Strong communication and collaboration experience.
- Exposure to deadline-driven environment.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Understanding use of metrics
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Other: CMS publishing skills
To apply: Visit http://bit.ly/1CFXPZ7
Gannett is an Equal Opprtunity Employer
Logan Daily News
Position is responsible for generating editorial content for both print and online publications and will report to the editor.
Successful candidate must be a flexible self-starter and attentive to details, as well as be able to multi-task and meet deadlines. Candidates for this position should have strong written and oral communication skills; be familiar with Associated Press Style; and be able to generate copy, photos and video for our print and online publications.
- Assists in posting online content to include text, photos and videos; writes editorials
- Works with all other departments, helps to achieve daily goals
- Must be able to edit and format copy and be able to anticipate workloads based on productions schedules
- Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with company core values
- Initiate and nurture effective, professional relationships with internal and external contacts
- Prior reporting/editing experience required
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required along with social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred.
Submit a cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 72 E. Main St., P.O. Box 758, Logan, Ohio 43138