ONA Webinar: How journalists can use Facebook and Twitter
Presenter: Steve Buttry, Director of Community Engagement & Social Media, Digital First Media
- Date: April 11, 2012, 10 a.m.
- Format: Webinar, which should last between 60 and 90 minutes
- Cost: $45 for ONA members, $55 for non-members, $25 for students
- Who should attend: Any newsroom person who needs to know ways that social media can be used to interact with readers, find fresh new sources for stories, avoid being scooped, promote yourself and your organization and develop great story ideas. Buttry is unquestionably one of the industry’s leading experts on social media and journalism.
- To register, use the form at the bottom of this page or click here.
Steve Buttry is director of community engagement and social media for Digital First Media. Before joining Digital First Media, he was director of community engagement for TBD.com, a local news site covering the Washington Metro Area. From 2008 to 2010, Buttry was at Gazette Communications in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where he was editor of The Gazette and GazetteOnline and C3 Innovation Coach. He was named Editor of the Year in 2010 by Editor & Publisher. He has spent more than 40 years in the news business, working for the Des Moines Register, Kansas City Star and Times, Minot Daily News and Omaha World-Herald. He has pursued his journalism career in 44 states and eight Canadian provinces as well as Ireland, Venezuela, Mexico, Germany, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Ecuador and Siberia.