The ONA is launching a new award to recognize, celebrate and encourage the next generation of leadership in the Ohio newspaper industry. Each year the Rising Star Awards will recognize five recipients for their commitment to their newspaper, passion for the industry and contribution to the future success of their organization.
The competition is open to all employees of Ohio Newspaper Association member newspapers who been in the industry for five years or less.
The nomination guidelines are as follows:
- The nominee must be an active newspaper professional in advertising, circulation, digital, business, or editorial or any other working department of an ONA member in good standing.
- The nominee must have been an active employee of the newspaper during the contest period of September 1, 2011, through August 31, 2012, and must not have worked in the industry for more than five years.
- The nominee may be nominated by a supervisor or peer.
The nomination package must include:
- A nomination letter.
- A resume or summary of the nominee’s career accomplishments.
- A digital photo of the nominee (black and white or color).
- Any additional supporting documentation to assist the judges in making a decision.
The recipients of the award will be recognized at the 2013 Ohio Newspaper Association convention February 13-14 at the Hilton Polaris in Columbus.
Please submit all nominations electronically to Sue Bazzoli, Manager of Administrative Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations has been extended to Jan. 11, 2013.