Reporter and Paginator / The Ironton Tribune
The Ironton Tribune, publishers of an award-winning, Monday-Friday p.m. and Sunday a.m. newspaper in southern Ohio, as well as Tri-State Living Magazine and several special niche products is seeking a general assignment reporter/paginator. The ideal candidate will have experience covering a beat along with cultivating sources and generating a variety of quality material on a deadline. Also, a working knowledge of AP Style and InDesign experience is required. Will consider recent journalism grads with passion and desire to learn and grow as a reporter. Must be able to work some nights, weekends and holidays.
Please send cover letter, resume and clips to Michelle Goodman, News Editor, The Ironton Tribune, P.O. Box 647, Ironton, OH, 45638 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circulation Manager / Civitas Media
Civitas Media is looking for a talented, energetic and aggressive individual with passion for providing excellent customer service and who has strong communication skills and the ability to manage a staff of 4 employees for our 6-day morning newspaper.
This position is also responsible to execute sales and marketing programs for all circulation sales including home delivery, single copy and Newspapers in Education.
Candidate will have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Jill Sinkclear, Regional Fulfillment Director, at email@example.com.
Creative Consultant / Northeast Ohio Media Group
This role gives you an opportunity to stretch your artistic muscles to confidently see your ideas come to fruition by doing the hands-on work necessary to finalize effective print and digital ads. As Creative Consultant, you’ll develop and deliver creative print and digital ad campaigns working directly and indirectly with sales representatives. You will work as part of a team, but also work independently on your own assignments. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work on a variety of retail print and digital ads, then the role of Creative Consultant could be the right role for you.
To be a strong fit for the Creative Consultant role, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts or Design, or other relevant focus
- Solid experience working with or in a creative services or advertising agency environment
- The ability to work with tight deadlines and the daily pressures of print and digital ads
- Attractive designs and solutions for various products, in-house marketing pieces and ads for clients
- Strong skills in creative designs and solutions with little input from clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to proofread your work
- The ability to work copy as a creative element in an expedient manner
- The ability to produce high quality creative print and web designs